Friday, February 6, 2009

Poetry Response - Bronx Masquerade

Chankara is a very brave person and she is strong. She is very independent because she doesn't want to be like her sisters. The day she got hit by her girlfriend she saw herself as her sister. I think she is going to brake her relationship with her boyfriend .Since this book is about poems, I think she is going to write a poem about the bruce her boyfriend left her.She learn that girls are not a punching bag. I learn that girls should not let theme self get hit because that is self disrespect. I connect this poem to the world because a lot of woman's make excuses to stay with the boy they "love". That is not love! You could stay with that person just if you "love" to get hit.

1 comment:

Jenny Johns said...

Ana- great use of 8th grade level vocabulary! Your grammar has improved so much since 6th grade. Your response to Chankara's poem is so strongly worded and demanding of respect- I love it. You are very independent too, so I know you must be able to put yourself in Chankara's shoes. Great blogging! Keep it up :)